Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Laruang Lalake...

Feeling super low last night because of a small incident at work. I needed to pre-occupy my mind with dirty stuff. I know it's once again bordering the evil side which I'm supposed to be avoiding for Lent. But this is just minor stuff anyways and can only result on a hard-on which should be ok. (or so my excuse)

Saw it on PEP ages ago under 'Indie Films' and re-read it again last night. Someone had posted the whole movie on Youtube which was in snippets so had to watch it since it was right in front of me.

So I watched Laruang Lalake.

Synopsis: "Is a realist film that portrays the people within the gay film industry and their personal stories from the naughty to the gritty, from the horny to the hopeful. Created by Joselito Altarejos with the script from Lex Bonife, the film weaves the short journey of an ambitious probinsiyano actor, Samuel, an idealistic film staff who is secretly in love with an actor and a filmmaker in the brink of bankruptcy. The film also features the daring Marco Morales, as a come-back actor willing to do everything to steal a name for himself."

Lucky for me Marco Morales was in it and it also introduced Arjay Carreon. Marco is apparently dubbed as the 'Frontal Nudity King' in the gay Philippine Indie Cinema circuit due to a previous film he did where he bared it all. I'm not surprised. But I have much more respect for him than that. He is a truly good looking guy and his acting is pretty good. I heart him!!! Arjay, though a tad on the moreno side, is quite pleasing to the eye too. He seems genuine and innocent and I like that in a guy. I'd have him for a boyfriend anytime. This movie also had Mark Fabilliar as the PA and an upcoming movie director. He's quite cute, though I don't really go for twinks. But I see myself in him with all his secret boy crushes. Actually I'd gladly befriend someone like Mark. But I was most impressed with Mon Confiado whom I remember only from action films. He was really really good here as a gay man, which is a huge jump from his old bad boy image. He has lost a lot of weight which meant fitting for this role. Richard Quan is still believably straight. I wanted more.

But of course the highlight of the film is the nudity. Just the dose I needed for tonight. I didn't think Arjay had it in him to go all the way, but with the path Philippine cinema is heading at the moment...this is almost a must!!! And if I'm spot-on with the mind-set of gay Filipinos in shobwiz lalaland, their thoughts would be like, "If Marco Morales and Coco Martin can do it, sino ba naman si Arjay para tumangi di ba?"

Well folks here's what you've been waiting for...(courtesy of fellow blogger and bastos/boso Pinoywatching):



No comments: