Tuesday, March 31, 2009


Finally managed to download Walang Kawala (No Way Out) with from Kuya Wingtip. Thanks Kuya.

I thought I'd write my thoughts as I watch and pause the film as my thoughts bewilder me.

My thoughts: Our film making is really getting better. The opening sequence wowed me already. I don't know where that place is, but it seemed nice and it made me want to go there. I've managed to appreciate Polo Ravales more and more kasi he does all these Indie films even if they are mahirap roles. Yun nga lang, sa simula, bakit parang ang laki ng ngipin ni Polo? (tsuper payat na ba sya mga sis?) Enter slut. I hate her already. I mean she was a real good cast for this role. Nice firm boobs, long pretty hair, quite a nice face... and a real whore at that. Acting wise, questionable. Why does she speak to her Mum like she's a distant relative? Where's the carinho? And what's with the accent? Eew annoying. The rain scene was bittersweet and fitting. The real rain at least brought out both mens really cut bodies. (YUM!) I feel for Waldo though. It's like watching your loved one slip away slowly.

Hence he runs away. I'd do the same too. It's more dramatic.

Marco Morales is so studly. There's something about his X Factor that really oozes. And bilib ako sa courage na. It's like, "Kung hubaran lang, sige na nga, hubaran na!!!" Now that's going for gold. I know how Filipinos admire this kind of attitude.

Wow #1. OMG he really showed his cock. Marco Morales really showed his cock?!!! Amazing!!! I mean showing cocks in Philippine gay cinemas aren't new to me anymore, but OMG, his cock was nice.

WOW #2. Talaga??? Nagpahipo si Joseph (Waldo)? Now this one's new to me. Bye-bye teeny-bopper roles. This is something they've never really explored before. Bravo to you Mr Lamangan for really pushing your actors. This is super daring!!! Kawawa naman si Paolo Rivero. He's one of those next door types that you just want to bring home. Then the rejection from Waldo after the hipo scene. (amazing scene!!!) But the reject was harsh dude.

The scene where Paolo and Joseph fight must be the funniest part of the film. It's like they kept calling each other "Faggot!!! Faggot!!!" when they're actually both faggots.hahaha

The storyline gets a tad slow when it sways to the Ruffo and the wife Beng scenes. I dunno. I know this is where the other drama is supposed to happen but it takes it away from the gayness of the film. Oh well, I guess it has to happen.

WOW #3. Grabe ha!!! Ilang beses nagpahipo si Joseph (Waldo) dito ha?! First from Paolo, and now with Emilio. That rape scene with was amazing. Who would've thunk Mr Respectable Emilio Garcia from Kamandag would go so far. Bravo again Mr Lamangan. Emilio was amazing in this cruel role! Really super torrid kissing scenes.

WOW #4. This is when Mr Lamangan mostly amazes me. When he's managed to pull the child inside Polo Ravales. The other rape scene with him and Emilio were a lot more degrading. The gun in his mouth being pushed in and out like he was sucking cock was enough to make any man cry. I would cry. (even if it's somewhat a fantasy from some gay men) Emilio was great to bring Polo to tears. The unsuspected slapping and harassment is really good work. Very believable. And when Polo wakes up and remembers the nights horrific ordeal is when the child within Polo re-appears. You can hear it in his squeaky voice. When the manly tone disappears and the boy appears and is left to screech like a woman. And when he was about to eat his lunch, you get a sense that everything just turned helpless. There's really not much else to do but weep and cry.

Third rape scene. Emilio Garcia, Sean Cody Philippines in the making. Bravo boys. This must've been a really hard scene to do???

And we end.

Shet naman. Sa lahat pa ng mamatay, yung gwapo pa. In fairness, though I rolled my eyes, the last kiss was kinda sweet. I didn't expect the ending to twist like this but it did. I don't blame Joseph for his last revenge. Any man would do the same if fate has led him to this.

Overall: I was reading someone's review about this film just before I watched the movie. Super harsh yung review and I don't think it merited such negative remarks. Yes, I will admit that sometimes, when I'm about to see a Filipino film, I lower my standards a little in order for me to enjoy it more, but this wasn't the case for this film. I think Mr Lamangan did a fantastic job along with the whole cast. (except for Joaquins wife. She suxed!) The scenes were very believable and the feelings were very true. This is a love story afterall and not all love stories are fairy tales. Out of ten, I'd give this a perfect 9. If Polo showed us his, then it would've been a standing ovation for me.hehehe

Well done guys!!! I hope there's more things like this from Polo to come. *cheeky grin*

No comments: