Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So I've managed to move around my schedules so that I can catch up with all the good films that are showing at this years Mardi Gras Gay Film Festival. And I've chosen a winner (thank God) for my first film which is Were the World Mine. In a nutshell, it's based around Timothy, a high school castaway, mocked by his jock classmates for being gay. He manages to turn things around by auditioning for a the annual play which is Midsummer's Night Dream by Shakespeare. Yadda yadda yadda, he manages to find a magic Love Potion in the book which eventuates into a purple flower. The magic of the flower, is that once you've been squirted by it's magic juice, you'll turn gay. Hence, Timothy uses it for his glory and turns the whole town gay, including the love-of-his-life jock boy Jonathan. Noice Kimmy!

When the movie started I got so excited because I thought, "OMG, this is like the gay version of High School Musical!" lolz

All I could think about was Justin.

Besides the main star Tanner Cohen (who plays Timothy and was cute enough to make me to purchase the movie ticket), I really couldn't keep my eye off Nathaniel David Becker (playing jock boy Jonathan). Isn't he a dreamboat??? All I could think of was, "Man, look at those abs and thin waist and oh so supple white skin!!! Yum!" He kinda reminds me of that red head dude from Ugly Betty who plays her boss. But yummier because he kisses boys here.hahaha His got a nice voice too and I can't wait to see him again in other films.

I hate to say this, but deep inside, I really picked to watch this movie because I wanted to get into the heads of High School boys and what they go through. Just so that I can understand Justin a bit more.

In an interview with Nathan, he says, What did he like about playing Jonathan? “Anyone who represses emotions, or a feeling, is a very interesting character. He fits in so well on the outside and on the inside he’s such an outsider — or so he feels — and that’s what drew me to Jonathan.”

I wonder if Justin is anything like that. Fuck, I can't stop thinking about him. I wish I could read minds and just pick his brain!

Watch some Youtube stuff:
The Trailer


An interview in Miami with the main cast


Interview with the director in Japan

No comments: