Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finally got to see Slumdog Millionaire! (by myself!!! :D) I thought it was one of the smartest movies made, feeding on our past and seeing how important they are to us. The boy who fell on shit I thought was an amazing talent! So natural in front of the camera at such a young age. The movie gave you a really good look at India's slums contrasted by the new and rich condominiums being made for the wealthier folks. But most of all, I appreciated the love story. It such a different love story. A pure one. From the hands of destiny, which more often than not, we wished we had too. 9.5 out of 10!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is also a side note to my "Men Are Shit!" remark...they are!!!

If you've been reading my blog, then you would know that one of my New Years resolution was to 'Date' this year! I haven't. Only because I haven't found a likely candidate. Justin's still not talking to me and Adrian's kinda out of the picture. Emed just doesn't see me that way, and even though a million people pass my work each and everyday, no one's paid that much attention.

So to fill the void, I've started hanging out with guy friends. I don't often do this because the topic of conversations always seems to end up in sex or drinking. And I can't donate any information to the conversations because a) I don't drink and b) I'd rather talk about the male anatomy.hahaha

But I'm a little desperate. So... I've hanged out with Wil on his birthday. He was super late and paid no attention to my instructions to come on time. Men are shit! This time around, I invited Max and Seb to come and see this movie with me. Since we were all hanging out already in the morning...why not let the fun continue on to the evening. I only parted with Seb because he had to take his girlfriend back to the city 'coz she's going to work. I parted with Max because I was going to church first. But we all agreed to meet in two hours.

Well...I was doged. Both fell asleep and forgot. I should be able to understand, but I can't. I too woke up much earlier than they did today and had to drive for 2 hours whilst theys slept in the car. I had to work yesterday for 12 hours while they didn't. We all got home at midnight! Seb on the way to the city had 2 hours extra sleep. Max fell asleep on the car twice. How can they be both more tired than I was???

Dogs!!!

Men are shit!!! But Seb was more of a pile of shit because he was only 2 minutes away from the cinema. I didn't expect him to be all beautified and smelling nice. I just wanted to see the movie with someone!!! Max on the other hand was an hour away. Even if he tried, he'd miss half of the movie already.

MEN ARE SHIT!!!

No comments: