Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm glad we have great film makers these days! This means we can finally watch great gay movies like this one. Our stories can finally be told in proper ways. With great lighting, a great gay cast, great background music, great angles and shots. Great everything. I'm glad.

Save Me is the tale of a couple of troubled gay men (Chad Allen and Robert Gant) who find salvation (of an unexpected sort) at a "conversion therapy" ministry.

The tale of confusion in the mumbo jumbo that you will go to hell if you act upon your homosexual desires hence the need to be cured.

It's a different love story. A story about searching for that 'Love'. And in it lies another happy ending. One that maybe, just maybe, God provided.

At one point, I thought Chad had become so much more gayer. Especially when he was all drugged up. He reminded me so much of my blonde effeminite boss which was totally weird. Robert is as macho as he was in QAF. (exept he wears a lot of shorts and flannels here and boots?lolz)

The best scene was the dance. That look. They captured it oh almost so perfectly. When the universe lies only with that person. When time can stop right there and then because the moment was now. I loved it.

I thought it was almost perfect. The film I mean. Except when Gant re-appeared at the house and he asked Allen to leave with him. I thought there was going to be a lot more resistance. More extension to the story. Well, until he gave in. Then I knew the ending was coming. I felt it robbed me. I felt it cut short. But, it was a good twist which we all wanted to happen.

Lester's a good guy. Someone that really believed in God.

Great film!!!

No comments: