Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I think if I prayed more...maybe Justin and I will be ok. As in friendswise maybe. (???)

It happened again. I was feeling all wobbly during the day and I couldn't explain it. Like I was weak in the knees. I wasn't sure if God has placed this thing on me where it works like a sign...to warn me.

I tested it today. Wobbly knees = Justin.

I walked around the whole area to check if he was due to work today. Nothing. He wasn't rostered on. *phew*

...Until he walked in at 6pm in his uniform. I couldn't explain it. He wasn't covering for anyone. He just walked in. I think they let him work because we were short staffed.

Yep. Wobbly = Justin.

Though I was making sure that I wasn't paying any attention to him all night, there was still a few things I noticed. Like how he's turned quite serious of late. Something about his face. Less smile, just that stern look that lingers. I noticed how most of the night he was working by himself. Usually they all work in groups. But he kept to himself. I noticed how he was the one who kept changing over Jake on point instead of anybody else. Maybe by this time he noticed me with my friends. Talking. Drinking. Laughing. Something. I noticed he noticed that I'm good friends with everyone. Like how I was playing games with Vipesh on point. I hope he noticed. I saw him looking at us from the second floor. I noticed that he sometimes looks back now (again) when he's on the escalators. I noticed like clockwork, he's the one that changes over the other person at 9pm. Just enough time (an hour) for us to be in close proximity with each other. I noticed that he's changing and he's getting better. He was now facing the normal way just like before. He wasn't as tensed as before where his whole back would totally face me. I noticed how he let out my customers and was willing to step in my bar. These are good changes that kinda softens my heart.

For like 10 seconds...we were aprroximately a metre apart from each other. Him at point and me in the bar just wiping the benches. It was so tense. We were both trying hard not to look at each other. My knees went wobbly. Aw gawd.

I thank God. The prayers are working this time and I'm glad. There is still a little tension and one day I wish he'd just courage it up and ask for a drink. Then maybe...just maybe, we can get back as to how we used to be. Just a few more prayers...

No comments: